Tourism Funding Program
1. THE MISSION
To advertise and promote the City of Clarksville and its environs. To increase occupancy, revenues and visitation in Clarksville’s hotels, restaurants, meeting facilities and businesses.
Tourism Funds are available to any organization in Clarksville actively marketing their attraction/event to attract out-of-town visitors. Qualifying projects must meet the following criteria:
- To advertise and promote the city and its environs.
- To stimulate economic growth, overnight stays in Clarksville lodging
- properties, restaurant usage and/or generate future tourism development with out-of-town visitors.
- For the construction, reconstruction, equipment, improvement, maintenance, repair and operation for a convention center, or public recreation facilities.
- For funding of arts or operations of arts facilities for tourist-oriented facilities.
- Each applicant must have the ability to track the impact and effectiveness of their project or event.
- Preferences will be given to Clarksville facilities, businesses, and organizations.
3. ALLOCATION OF TOURISM FUNDING
- Tourism Funds are not designed to cover the cost of a project. They may cover for example marketing, advertising and/or postage. A & P funds shall be used as seed money and should not be considered for long term funding of special events, tourist-oriented facilities or festivals.
4. APPLICATION PROCESS
- APPLICATION: Complete the application and forward the original to Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission. The application must be completed in full and have all required attachments. Incomplete forms or other deviations from the application format may result in omission from the evaluation process. If more space is needed, please attach additional pages or documents to the application.
- BUDGET: Each applicant shall provide a proposed budget for the project, including all planned expenses and all revenue. Please attach quotes or invoices to reflect budgeted expenses.
- PREVIOUS YEAR (if applicable): When requesting funds for the same event, please attach the previous years finalized budget reflecting all revenue, expenses, and final profit or loss.
All applications will be considered, discussed and awarded by the A&P Commission. All funds will be paid from invoices following the return of the summation form. Exceptions will be reviewed and awarded by the A&P Commission. All applications will be reviewed within 30 days of submittal deadline (February 1st, May 1st. August 1st, November 1st). All application requests are subject to availability of funds
5. PROJECT/EVENT DEVELOPMENT
The organizations responsible for management of the project/event will be responsible for ensuring the cost of the project/event. Applicants cannot transfer funds from one specific project/event to a different project. Any deviation from the application must be submitted in writing to the Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission. The Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission must be notified in writing as soon as possible if the applicant does not plan to use their funds which have been approved. The funds will be paid from invoices by the A&P. Please submit all paid invoices to the A&P Commission with the summation form. Funds will not exceed awarded amount. Note: If invoices do not total the amount of the funding allocated the monies will be put back into the A & P fund for future events. When funds are awarded pre-event, all funds not expended as approved in the application will be refunded to the A & P Commission.
6. PROJECT/EVENT COMPLETION .
Projects/events must be completed by the stated date of the event and all reimbursement requests shall be submitted to the Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission within 60 days of the completion of the project/event and prior to the December 30 of the event year. Within 30 days of project/event completion, all applicant awardees must provide a written summary of the event including:
- Number of participants;
- Number of local motel rooms booked
- Overall economic impact of the project/event to the local community
- A financial report, evaluation of event and disclosure of other funding sources
- When applicable a sample of the finished product (brochure, flyer, advertising copy)
Future funding may not be allowed for events/projects if the information is not provided or is incomplete.
Organizations agree in writing to indemnify the Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission for any liability associated with the organization and/or the event.
The commission support of an annual event will under no circumstances obligate the commission to continued support for the project/event in subsequent years. Organizations should not assume nor budget Commission support annually. The Commission reserves the right to terminate or limit funding or promotional support at any time the Commission deems appropriate.
Organizations bankruptcies or event deficits will not be covered by A & P monies. The Commission will not “bail out” events that incur losses. It is the sole responsibility of the requesting organization to properly plan their event and manage their funds in a manner that demonstrates both fiscal accountability and management responsibility.
Organizations receiving support or funding by the Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission will credit the Commission, by including the Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission logo and website in ALL printed material and all websites with hyperlinks to www.clarksvillear.gov.
Invoices are required for disbursement of A&P funds. If the invoices are less than approved funding amount all excess funds cannot be used for unapproved items associated with the project/event or any overages of approved funding amounts.
Freedom of Information Act:
Acknowledge understanding that any support received from the Advertising & Promotion Commission is subject to the Freedom of Information Laws as stated in The Arkansas Freedom of Information Handbook.
Please note Clarksville Advertising and Promotion Commission may request or require additional information from grant awardees, if needed.